- Ethereum team lead sees zero interest from university in collaborating
Peter Szilagyi, Ethereum's team lead, voiced dissatisfaction with his former university's lack of enthusiasm in recommending students for collaboration with Ethereum.
- Bitcoin ETF race has a new player, Binance ends support for BUSD, and more: Hodler’s Digest: Nov. 26 – Dec. 2
Bitcoin ETF race has a new entrant, Binance is ending support for the BUSD stablecoin, and ChatGPT’s first year in review.
- Bitcoin's top of funnel is becoming less noisy, suggests Swan Bitcoin CEO
According to Swan Bitcoin CEO Cory Klippsten, Bitcoin ETFs are set to replace the chaotic entry points tainted by flashy crypto marketing campaigns.
- Coinbase market share grows outside US trading hours amid Binance saga: Report
According to Kaiko Research, Bybit experienced a rise in market share around the clock, whereas Coinbase witnessed significant growth outside of the United States trading hours.
- North Korean hackers have pilfered $3B of crypto over past six years: Report
In 2022, North Korean hackers swiped crypto worth ten times more than the country earned from exports in 2021, according to US cybersecurity firm Recorded Future.
- Madeira seeks to boost economy with startups, innovative payment system
The Madeira Blockchain 2023 conference showcased the region's efforts to become an emerging technology hub in the Atlantic.
- What is market manipulation in cryptocurrency?
Market manipulation in cryptocurrency involves artificially influencing prices or trading volume to deceive investors.
- UK Legislators urge caution in retail digital pound rollout
The committee’s report recommends imposing lower initial limits on the value of retail digital pounds to alleviate the risk of potential bank runs amid market instability.
- KyberSwap announces treasury grants for hack victims
The grant is designed to ease the financial burden on affected individuals and will equal the USD equivalent of the assets lost in the security breach.
- SEC faces sanctions threat as Judge questions DEBT Box case accuracy
Initially, the SEC, led by attorney Michael Welsh, had convinced the court to freeze DEBT Box’s assets, arguing the company was moving to Dubai, beyond U.S. regulatory reach.
- The SEC is facing another defeat in its recycled lawsuit against Kraken
The Securities and Exchange Commission is suing Kraken for selling cryptocurrencies, but it looks like a recycled version of a losing lawsuit.
- Nayib Bukele steps down as El Salvador’s President ahead of re-election bid
Acting President Claudia Rodríguez de Guevara, the first female head of state for El Salvador, took office on Dec. 1 and is expected to serve until June 2024.
- Tether moving into infrastructure, energy production, CEO Ardoino says
Tether will build renewable energy facilities in Uruguay and El Salvador, the new CEO told Cointelegraph.
- Ethereum price rallies toward key resistance but is ETH’s strength sustainable?
Ethereum’s price rally toward $2,100 is driven by new developments in the layer-2 space and investors’ anticipation of a spot BTC ETF.
- Sam Bankman-Fried will not file any post-trial motions, say lawyers
The former FTX CEO was found guilty of seven felony charges on Nov. 2, for which he could face up to 115 years in prison.
- Here’s what happened in crypto today
Need to know what happened in crypto today? Here is the latest news on daily trends and events impacting Bitcoin price, blockchain, DeFi, NFTs, Web3 and crypto regulation.
- KyberSwap hacker wants control, law firm says Aussie DeFi tax rules ‘non-binding’: Finance Redefined
Law firm Cadena Legal said that the guidance released by the Australian Taxation Office is “non-binding” and must be treated as “toilet paper.”
- Why is Bitcoin price up today?
Bitcoin price is up today as traders push BTC to a 2023 high at $38,800 and new information about potential spot BTC ETF approvals emerges.
- Terraform Labs and SEC lawyers spar over whistleblower in court: Report
Though many filings in the SEC case were made under seal, Judge Jed Rakoff reportedly suggested that nothing would remain confidential should the matter go to trial.
- Elon Musk says “digital god” will make AI copyright lawsuits irrelevant
The billionaire mogul also claimed that OpenAI was lying about its training methods, but interviewer Andrew Ross Sorkin may have flubbed the question.
- Price analysis 12/1: BTC, ETH, BNB, XRP, SOL, ADA, DOGE, TON, LINK, AVAX
Bitcoin price hit a new 2023 high on Dec.1 and multiple altcoins are following suit. Is the crypto market preparing for a Santa Claus rally?
- Bitcoin price hits $39K as Powell stirs bets Fed rate hikes are over
Bitcoin reaches levels not seen since May 2022 amid an excited market reaction to the latest Fed inflation commentary.
- Why is the crypto market up today?
The crypto market is up today thanks to MicroStrategy's relentless Bitcoin purchases ahead of the key ETF decisions.
- Binance VIP traders got sneak peek of US settlement: Report
At an exclusive dinner in Singapore, certain Binance executives reportedly told traders about the pending settlement with U.S. officials, allowing the exchange to stay in business.
- Real AI use cases in crypto: Crypto-based AI markets, and AI financial analysis
Increasing numbers of blockchain marketplaces offer crowdsourced data and compute for AI models — and can AI analysis improve fund returns?
- Evidence mounts as new artists jump on Stability AI, Midjourney copyright lawsuit
The battle continues as artists amend a lawsuit previously struck down by court authorities against major AI companies that have allegedly violated creative copyright laws.
- KuCoin pledges $20K grant to TON Foundation for ecosystem development
The funding will support TON ecosystem projects, research and development efforts, community-building and marketing activities.
- Hashing It Out: A case for Web3 chat apps with Push Protocol’s Harsh Rajat
Harsh Rajat, founder and project lead of Push Protocol, explains the surge in the development of Web3 chat applications on the latest episode of Hashing It Out.
- DeepMind exec: AI assesses climate issues, falls short of full solution
Google DeepMind climate action lead Sims Witherspoon suggested a strategy dubbed the “Understand, Optimize, Accelerate” framework, outlining three steps for tackling climate change with AI.
- Bitcoin ETFs, user experience will drive adoption — eToro CEO
Yoni Assia told Cointelegraph that products like Bitcoin ETFs align with institutions’ existing modes of operation, making it easier for them to enter the market.